The clinic specializes in implantation and prosthetics.
Mon-Sat – 09:00-20:00
Kyiv, Lobanovsky Prospect, 4B

Professional teeth cleaning

Professional teeth cleaning

Professional teeth cleaning is the removal of plaque and tartar in the dental office. To some, this procedure seems useless - why waste money and time if you can thoroughly clean your teeth at home? However, in fact, professional cleaning is really a necessary and necessary element of oral hygiene.

Than professional cleaning is better than brushing your teeth at home.

Teeth are very complicated, and not all of their surfaces are easily accessible to the toothbrush. For example, even those who qualitatively brush their teeth, often there is a raid in the interdental spaces, subgingival space and on the back side of the tooth. According to statistics, during normal cleaning, a person removes only 60% of the plaque, and the remaining 40% is enough to develop inflammation of the gums or caries. In addition, this remaining plaque gradually mineralizes, turning into a brown tartar.

Who really needs professional teeth cleaning.

Professional hygienic cleaning is a procedure that is necessary for everyone, but some people can not do without it. These include people who have in the oral cavity have various artificial designs: implants, braces, as well as veneers and crowns. This is especially true for holders of braces, as they need to carefully monitor the removal of the plaque. It is also recommended to visit a professional cleaning for those who plan to engage in treatment or teeth whitening.

Cleaning consists of four stages.

Professional teeth cleaning
  1. Removal of tartar

    At this first stage, the doctor clears the patient's teeth from tartar. Most often this is done with the help of an ultrasonic scaler, which acts on the stone with microvibrations. All this is accompanied by a water pressure, which has a cooling effect and reduces unpleasant sensations. This procedure is almost painless, but people with increased sensitivity of teeth are sometimes prescribed anesthesia.

  2. Remove soft plaque using AIR-FLOW

    After the tartar is removed, it is required to clean the teeth from a soft plaque. For this, special sandblasters are used, which, under great pressure, apply an aerosol from the fine dispersion of soda and water to the teeth. This composition actively removes plaque and surface pigmentation, as well as lightly grinds tooth enamel.

  3. Polishing of the tooth surface

    After the hard deposits are removed and the plaque is removed, the tooth surface must be polished with a special abrasive paste. This paste is selected individually, according to the peculiarities of the dentoalveolar system of each patient. Even with the presence of seals, the surface of all teeth becomes absolutely smooth, which significantly prevents the plaque settling on it..

  4. Fluorolak coating

    When hygienic cleaning comes to an end, the teeth are covered with a special composition - fluorine lacquer. This fluorolac envelops the tooth surface, like a film, and stays on it from day to week. Ftorlak strengthens the teeth and does not give rise to hypersensitivity.

Professional hygiene of the oral cavity:

  • helps to maintain the health of teeth and gums
  • eliminates the accumulation of plaque and tartar from hard-to-reach places that can not be cleaned with a conventional brush
  • excellent prevention of caries and periodontitis
Get
call