Sapphire braces are transparent systems of the vestibular type for correcting various bite anomalies.
Sapphire braces are of a vestibular type and allow the patient to avoid dyslexia disturbances during treatment, while retaining the aesthetics of a smile.
Distinctive features of sapphire braces
They are made of transparent monocrystalline sapphires that pass not only daylight but also neon club light, which makes them completely invisible in the mouth. Over time, the system does not lose its original shade and radiance. Ideally polished surface contributes to a unique brilliance, which turns braces into a kind of jewelry. The treatment process delivers a certain aesthetic pleasure.
- Comfortable wearing.
Modern manufacturers pay special attention to the quality of polishing, to exclude injury to the mucous membranes of the mouth. Sapphire braces are miniature and do not damage the enamel of the teeth, even with prolonged wearing.
- Low allergenicity.
Artificially created material of sapphire braces is an inert inorganic compound and extremely rarely causes allergic reactions.
Models of sapphire braces for correction of occlusion, which are used in the dental clinic S.I.Y. Dental, are characterized by low friction values between sapphire braces and an arc: this allows to shorten the treatment time.
- Wearing time.
This factor depends on the type of bite anomaly. Treatment lasts on average 1-2 years.
The rules of wearing transparent sapphire braces
- Hygiene of the oral cavity. To ensure that the teeth and locks of braces do not accumulate plaque and food residues, which are the nutrient medium for cariogenic bacteria, it is necessary to regularly brush your teeth (after each meal).
- Scheduled visits to the orthodontist. The specialist appoints an individual visit schedule. This is necessary to control the dynamics of bite changes and timely elimination of various problems.
- Features of power supply. The patient is not recommended to eat nuts, seeds, chewing marmalade, and also to use chewing gum.
Transparent braces are made from artificially grown sapphire crystals. They pass light rays, practically not reflecting them. Elements of braces undergo additional intensive polishing and are absolutely smooth.
In comparison with braces from ceramics, transparent bite correction systems are more durable. The anatomical shape of the locks is an additional advantage, which ensures an impeccable fit to the tooth surface and allows to prevent micro-trauma of the enamel.
Sapphire braces are supplied in individual packages, which provides protection from bacteria and dust.
The process of installing transparent bracket systems consists of the following steps:
- Primary visit to the orthodontist. Oral cavity examination, diagnosis of bite anomaly, discussion of the method of its correction. At the same time, the wishes of the patient regarding the aesthetics of the correction method are taken into account.
- Professional sanitation and cleaning of the mouth. Remove plaque, tartar. Healed chronic inflammation (caries).
- Additional research methods. The doctor can recommend passing a roentgenogram of the jaw, dental tomography, etc., to obtain detailed information about the bite anomaly.
- Order and manufacture of sapphire braces.
- Installation. This exercise takes about 2 hours: the orthodontist locks the locks of the system on the teeth and passes the arc.
At the end of the procedure the doctor gives recommendations on the care of the system and the frequency of appearances at the reception.
Prices for sapphire braces depend on:
- type of bite abnormality
- duration of treatment
- manufacturer and model brackets
- failure of the system due to the patient's fault (for example, if the care rules are not respected)
The final cost of sapphire braces is determined individually, at the reception of the orthodontist of the dental clinic S.I.Y. Dental.