Orthodontics for adults
When we are talking about correction of the occlusion, we must not forget that at each age there are specific indications and contraindications. So, for example, the installation of bracket systems are addressed in childhood or adolescence, when the construction of the jaw apparatus still continues. However, you want to have healthy teeth and a beautiful smile at any age, because this largely determines the success of a person in interpersonal relationships, professional or educational activities.
Features of orthodontic treatment in adults
Correction of violations of bite and curvature of teeth in adults is somewhat more complicated than in children. Often it requires the doctor - dentist-orthodontist to conduct additional procedures, and from the patient - a margin of patience. This is due to the fact that in children the skeleton of the face is still growing and changing, and in adults it is already formed.
Why should an adult apply for the services of orthodontics
As a rule, adults turn to orthodontist services for the following reasons:
- due to dissatisfaction with the attractiveness of his smile and the associated psychological complexes, problems in social and professional relations
- with food difficulties associated with inefficient chewing food (especially hard vegetables, meat, etc.)
- because of the increased crowding of the teeth and the resulting load on the soft tissues, which leads to their inflammation and bleeding
- in case of difficult brushing of teeth due to the presence of areas inaccessible to a conventional brush
if necessary, filling the gap between the teeth, moving them to create a more correct and convenient denture. How orthodontic treatment works
At the reception in S.I.Y. Dental, the dentist-orthodontist performs a survey and selects a design that is optimal for correcting an incorrect bite and curving of the teeth in each specific case. The required effect is achieved due to the following features:
- the bracket system exerts a certain pressure on the tooth, so that it moves to the desired length and in the desired direction
- as a result of changing the position of the tooth, the fibrous tissue on one side contracts, on the other - it stretches
- over time, the bone tissue at the site of the ligament sprain increases, and from the compression side - it resolves, and the tooth again takes a strong, but already changed position in the jaw
It is very important that the pressure exerted by the bracket system on the tooth is not excessive, otherwise it will cause damage and inflammation of the soft tissues and enamel. The dentist-orthodontist of our clinic pre-creates a model of normal bite, on the basis of which he develops a design with precisely calculated force and pressure vector for each tooth.
Orthodontics for adults in the dental clinic S.I.Y. Dental
Experienced orthodontists of the dental clinic S.I.Y. Dental will help you to correct the wrong bite and make your teeth beautiful without surgical intervention. The specialist will conduct a thorough examination, tell you about the methods of treatment that are most suitable for you and will perform correction of the occlusion. In S.I.Y.Dental innovative systems, made of biopolymer hypoallergenic material.