Removal of milk teeth
How is the change of milk teeth?
The change of temporary milk teeth in toddlers begins at 5-6 years and lasts an average of 15 years. Milk teeth also have roots that gradually dissolve, after which the teeth begin to stagger and fall out. The permanent tooth grows and pushes out the milk tooth from the socket.
Usually the teeth change in the same order in which they appeared. Sometimes this process is delayed, it does not count as pathology, but if the tooth has not been cut on the spot of the dairy for a year, always show the child to the dentist.
Milk teeth provide normal development of the facial skeleton, the masticatory muscles of the child. In addition, they retain a place for erupting constants tooth, determining their location in the oral cavity and maintaining spatial balance.
That is why you should try to keep all the milk teeth of the child to such time as they do not fall out. It is not difficult to do this, it is enough to monitor the health of the oral cavity, provide adequate nutrition, as well as regular hygiene of the teeth. But it happens that the milk tooth has to be removed.
The procedure for the removal of milk teeth differs from the removal of permanent teeth. This is due to the peculiarities of the structure of the child's growing jaw, a mixed bite and the presence of rudiments of molars. Usually, manipulation does not cause special difficulties for the dentist, but requires special care, since the walls of the alveoli are thin and the root divergence is strongly pronounced.
Premature removal of the milk tooth can provoke atrophy of the alveolar margin, as well as the formation of bone scar in the hole. Such changes make it difficult to erupt permanent teeth.
If the growth zones are injured, the normal growth of the jaws is disrupted, chewing activity is reduced due to uneven load distribution.
The main indications for removal
There are cases when the milk tooth has to be removed in the dentist's office long before its natural loss:
- If there is a delay in resorption of the root. In this case, you have to remove it to make room for the free growth of the permanent tooth.
- If the staggered tooth provokes an inflammatory process in the gingival tissue.
- The tooth staggers, but does not fall out, causing discomfort to the baby.
- The zubik in terms of time should already fall out and the picture shows that the root has dissolved.
- Caries destroyed the tooth to such an extent that it can not be restored.
- Cyst on the root.
- When the permanent tooth has already begun to erupt, and the milk tooth does not drop out.
- According to orthodontics.
- Various tooth injuries (cracks, fractures).
- Fistula on the gum.
- For medical reasons.
If the root of the milk tooth has already resolved itself, it will be enough to anoint the gum with a special gel (this is an application anesthesia). Most often, children's dentists use an infiltration type of anesthesia - an anesthetic drug is injected into the gum from two sides. The painkillers used in the S.I.Y. Dental clinic are well tolerated by young patients, but in order to reduce the risk of allergic reactions, you should provide the doctor with this information:
- whether the child has an allergy to medicines, and to which
- whether any kind of local anesthesia was applied to the child, and how the baby reacted to such manipulations
- whether the child has chronic diseases
How to prepare a child for the procedure
To remove the tooth without hysterics and fear, follow the recommendations:
- Be sure to be near the baby during the procedure. It will be easier for a child to feel if he will feel your support.
- Do not frighten the kid with a dentist, otherwise you will not go into the doctor's office without hysterics.
- Be sure to take your child to the children's dentist every six months for preventive examinations, so that he gets used to it and takes it for granted.
- Do not worry yourself, because the baby will feel your excitement.
- Take it with you when you need to treat your teeth. Let the baby walk around and see that you are calm, and the manipulation of the doctor does not bring you pain. Be sure, after this the child will go to the doctor without any problems.
As an encouragement for courage, we give each child after removal a special keychain to store his tooth that he can wear around his neck. Keychains come in a variety of colors, which the children also like when they choose their favorite color. Trinkets are in the form of a denticle.