Prosthetics on implants
Today prosthetics on implants is one of the most effective technologies for restoring the integrity of the dentition. Unlike the widespread alternative of implantation - bridge prosthetics and clasp prostheses, the installation of dentures with the support of implants does not require grinding of adjacent teeth, and also fully restores the function and aesthetics of the dentition and allows for a more lasting result.
Stages of prosthetics on implants
- Installation of the implant.
The implant installation takes 40-60 minutes for one implant. Surgery is performed under local anesthesia and includes: incision of the gums, formation of the bone bed, implant insertion and gum suturing. The healing period is approximately 2-3 months.
- Securing the abutment.
The doctor exposes the implant and fastens the gingiva shaper into the oral cavity. After a few days the shaper is to be removed, and an abutment is placed in its place.
- Adherence of dental prosthesis to titanium roots.
According to previously made casts, a crown or bridge is created, which are then attached to the titanium roots. Ready-made dentures on implants look and feel like their real teeth.
Prosthetic on implants: benefits and types
Prosthetics on implants are actual both in the absence of one tooth and in full adentia. Implants act as a support for the construction instead of the native teeth in cases where the latter are absent or mobile.
In orthopedics distinguish:
- permanent prosthetics on the implants
- removable prosthetics on the implants
- conditional-removable prosthetics on mini-implants
Fixed prosthetics of teeth on implants
This type of prosthetics, as a rule, is used for small defects in the dentition. At the same time, one does not have to grind the neighboring teeth, which greatly prolongs their life.
Features of non-removable prosthetics:
- This is the best option for "resurrecting" one tooth. Moreover, if we compare the cost of a bridged metal-ceramic prosthesis of three crowns and the price of a tooth prosthesis on an implant, they will be approximately the same.
- In the absence of several teeth, the number of implants is calculated as follows: for two and three teeth - two implants, for four - three implants. To fill in more teeth, at least four implants are needed. This principle ensures the reliability and durability of the structure.
- Do not put a bridge on implants with a support on the titanium base on one side and on your tooth on the other. The ban is due to the natural micro-mobility of natural teeth, which ultimately can lead to loosening of the prosthesis.
- Crowns for implant prostheses are made of metal-ceramic, non-metal ceramics or zirconium oxide and fixed by cement or screw fixation.
- With full adentium, permanent implant prosthetics are practically not practiced due to the need to introduce a large number of implants and the unreliability of such an extended prosthesis.
Removable implant prosthetics
Predominantly performed with complete absence of teeth or their minimal amount. The prosthesis is held on implants due to a micro-lock, one half of which is installed in the prosthesis, and the other half is in the upper part of the implant./p>
There are two types of fastening:
- With a button.
The upper part of the implants is made in the form of rounded heads. The prosthesis from below has grooves in which the head of the implants come in with some effort and snap. The prosthesis is removed without much difficulty - how, the dentist will tell.
- With a girder.
Implants are joined together by a metal beam, which serves for the most even distribution of the load. Inside the prosthesis is equipped with a second part of the fastening, similar to the half of the tube, which is put on the rounded beam. The beam fixture allows to restore completely absent dentition and ensure reliable fixation of the prosthesis.
Conditionally removable prosthetics on mini-implants
An economical option, with virtually no contraindications. Use mini-implants with a globular head, on which a plate prosthesis is attached. They are installed at one time through a puncture, without a gum incision. The diameter of the implant is only 1.8 mm.
Prosthetics on mini-implants are chosen for:
- rapid production within a few days
- low traumatism
- price accessibilityь
- reliable fixation
- no need for a sinus-lifting operation (bone tissue build-up)
All orthopedic constructions are made in the dental laboratory. Those. for the manufacture of any orthopedic structure, the dentist removes molds from the processed teeth, sends it to the dental laboratory. In the dental laboratory, molds (a copy of the processed teeth) are molded on the casted images, and various designs are made on the models.